Renal stone is a common symptom of Polycystic Kidney Disease and it is easy to relapse. With the movement of rough renal stone, the urinary tract mucous membrane will be damaged so that blood urine appear. In addition, when the renal stone reach to the narrow part of ureter, it will cause block partially or completely, leading to hydronephrosis and further damage to the kidney. It is meaningful for Polycystic Kidney Disease patients to prevent and control the renal stone in daily life. Then there are some diet tips for patients with renal stone.
1. Boiled water can excrete toxins: drinking more water can decrease the concentration of calcium ion and oxalate in urine, avoiding the formation of renal stone.
2. Adequate calcium: many patients have a wrong idea that calcium is the root cause of renal stone. In fact, the proper calcium intake can react with oxalate in digestive system, forming insolubility oxalate calcium which will be excreted out of body with faeces.which also means it decrease oxalate in kidney and lower the probability of forming renal stone.
3. Limited sugar intake: some related researches show that high sugar foods intake can increase the risk of being attacked by renal stone.
4. Less eat foods rich in oxalate: this kind of food include tomato, spinach, strawberry, beet, chocolate and so on. Moreover, bean products also contain high oxalate which is the one of main reason of renal stone.
5. No milk before sleep: when you go to sleep, your urine will became less and high concentration. Drinking mink can increase the calcium in kidney, so that it is easy to form renal stone.
6. No too much cod-liver oil intake: cod-liver oil is rich in vitamin D which can promote the absorption of calcium and phosphorus, causing deposition in urine and forming renal stone.
7. Eating black fungus: black fungus contains so many kinds of minerals and microelements which can react with the renal stone, excreting renal stone.
We really hope the diet tips is helpful to Polycystic Kidney Disease patients with renal stone. And if you want to know more about PKD, you can contact us online or leave us massages.tag: Polycystic Kidney Disease Diet Polycystic Kidney Disease
Leave a question or comment and we will try to attend to you shortly. Free medical answers from Professionals!