Facts about Polycystic Kidney Disease(PKD)
As a life-threatening disease, Polycystic Kidney Disease runs in families. And facts about this disease are concluded as follows:
•It consists of two types, namely, Autosomal Dominant Polycystic Kidney Disease(ADPKD) and Autosomal Recessive Polycystic Kidney Disease( ARPKD). According to the statistic data, the former type is very common, and it affects about 400,000 people in the United States. As for the latter one, it is relatively rare.
• It is a hereditary disease, and until now, there is no cure for it. If one parent carry the gene, the possibility of get affected by this disease is 50%. If both parents have this disease, the possibility will increases to 75%.
• Generally, tests for this genetic disease include:B ultrasound, CT scan, urinalysis, MRI and so on. At our Huaxia Kidney Disease Hospital, nephrologists also recommend patients with some personalized tests. If you are interested in this, please email us:firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to help.
• In it’s early stage, there are usually no symptoms. As the disorder progresses, the cysts will increase both in quantities and sizes. Gradually, the enlarged cysts will oppress the surrounding renal tissues and cause decline of renal function. As a result, symptoms like back pain, high blood pressure, blood in urine and so on.
• The disease usually progresses slowly(years or decades). And about 50% of the major type of PKD will develop into ESRD. Meanwhile, it can also lead to damage to other organs, such as, the liver or the heart.
• In western countries, surgeries or certain medications are the most common treatments for this disease. However, the functions are limited. Here, Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy can be a good choice. It focus on shrink different sizes of cysts and restore kidney function radically. And it can help improve patients’ life quality and expectancy to a large degree.
If you happen to be a person with Polycystic Kidney Disease, remember that we are always here to help. For more information, you are welcomed to leave us a message below.
tag: Polycystic Kidney Disease Basics
Previous：How to Improve Kidney Function with PKD
next：Can Polycystic Kidney Disease be Cured