Alan Strong's Story
Name: Alan Strong
Diagnosis: End-stage Renal Failure induced by Diabetes
Serious Complications Caused by Diabetes
Diabetic Nephropathy—serum creatinine: 452µmol/L
High levels of potassium (Hyperkalemia)—6.19mmol/L
High blood pressure (hypertension)—160/80mmHg
Pericardial effusion (hydropericardium)
Condition before Treatment
Alan inherited the disease from his family over 20 years. Alan’s condition progressed to a pretty serious stage as he hospitalized in Peking Tung Shin Tang Chinese Medical Hospital on the October 23, 2007.
On one hand, End-stage Renal Failure can be life-threatening; on the other hand, all those serious complications imperil his life directly. As a word, Alan was in a pretty serious condition back then.
Treatment from Peking Tung Shin Tang Chinese Medical Hospital
After the topped experts’ consultation on Alan’s condition was finished, they chalked out a detailed plan mainly focusing on dealing with the dangerous complications at the first place. After the complications were in check, the plan will be altered.
1. Low the high potassium level. Hyperkalemia triggers arrhythmia and heart arrest. It can be fatal. So we would do what we need to deal with this complication in the first place.
2. Control the hypertension. Although the patient took medications to control his blood pressure, he failed. Our treatment plan focused on his high blood pressure is Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy. By using the therapy, the vessel dilator works with angiotensin together, relieving the condition of insufficient angiotensin and excessive dilating. Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy enhances the blood vessels to lower the high blood pressure eventually. angiotensin angiotensin angiotensin angiotensin angiotensin
3. The treatment coping with pericardial effusion inputs oxygen with low blood flow; in addition, taking medications to dilate coronary artery so as to improve the myocardial ischemia.
4. Monitor the blood sugar closely. The doctors adjusted the amount of insulin, and customized him a healthy diet plan.
5. Last but not the least, treat high levels of serum creatinine and renew Alan’s kidney function as much as possible.
Condition after Treatment
The obvious improvements were his blood pressure. Alan’s blood pressure decreased to 130/70mmHg after receiving the treatment for 7 days. Another one was that his heart failure has been corrected. By correcting the heart failure, Alan was able to sleep just like a normal person. Compared with before, he could sleep only 2 hours with serious heart failure, which made him exhausted; he could sleep 7 hours now. Swelling and other symptoms relieved just like it should be.
More importantly, by keep on taking Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy, the damaged kidney cells and tissues were repaired. What’s more, it is able to protect the remaining kidney function. The damaged kidneys could work after all those measures had been taken.
Previous: Zhang Fang's Story
Next: Wei Min's Story