Lupus nephritis is caused by systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), which is an autoimmune disease. Except lupus nephritis, SLE also can damage to other systems. All of this disease influence the life quality of patients seriously. Especially for the lupus nephritis, it can lead to many complications also. So patients always are looking for the all treatment which can help them remit the symptoms and complications with the lupus nephritis. And now there are some diet tips for them.
Foods should be avoided
1. Lupus nephritis patients always are accompanied with erythema which is allergic to sunshine. Foods such as fig, milk vetch, oilseed rape, caraway, celery and so on are sensitivity to sunshine , so patients had better avoid eating these foods if they will reach the sunshine.
2. Foods such like mushrooms, tobacco, food dyes and some unhealthy foods may cause the immune system disorder, so eating these foods may aggravate the physical conditions of patients, so it is better for patients to avoid taking them.
3. Patients should also avoid foods which are stimulated, such as pepper, scallion, garlic, etc, these foods are bad for gastrointestinal tract.
4. If Patients are attacked by edema, they should limit the water and sodium intake.
5. Patients with high creatinine level also should decrease the protein, potassium and fat intake for all of them can cause burden for the kidney and lead to further damage to the kidney.
Foods should be taken
1. Patients can have some high-quality protein intake to support the normal activities in the daily life. Foods such as milk, meat, fish, duck, bean products can be considered for patients, but please pay attention to the quantity.The proper protein intake for patients are 0.8g/kg, however, patients should regulate their intake based on their specific physical condition.
2. Vitamin plays an important role in adjusting and balancing the metabolism, so patients can eat more fruits and vegetables which contain abundant vitamin. Like frumentum, green vegetables, strawberry, orange, etc.
3. Calory also are important for patients’ activities. Moreover, it can reduce the consumption of protein, lighting the burden of kidney. So patients can eat some thing with high calory.
In the end, patients can ask their doctors or nutritionist for diet advice for the physical condition is different from person to person even with the same disease. And if you still want to know more information about Lupus Nephritis, you can contact our online doctors or leave us messages, we will give you the timely response.tag: Lupus Nephritis Diet
Leave a question or comment and we will try to attend to you shortly. Free medical answers from Professionals!