Something that You Should Know about Lupus Nephritis
Lupus Nephritis, a kidney disorder induced by systemic lupus erythematosus(SLE). If you or your beloved one happen to be a person with this disease, please read on to know more about it.
How does lupus nephritis occur?
Normally, the immune system can help fight against various invaders, such as, viruses, bacteria, germs, etc. In lupus, the something goes wrong with the immune system, and it fail to tell the differences between the foreign harmful substances and the healthy tissues. As a result, the combining products of antibody and antigen, namely, immune complexes will deposit in the kidneys with blood flow. Then inflammatory response occurs, and that’s how lupus occur.
Is lupus a life-threatening disease?
Normally, the severity of illness condition varies from cases to cases, it can be mild or life-threatening. If treated early and effectively, most people can live a full life.
How many people are affected by lupus nephritis?
According to the statistics, about 1.5 million Americans and 5 million people throughout the world are troubled by this disorder.
Women, men, children and teenagers can all suffer from lupus nephritis, but it strikes mostly women of childbearing age.
If I have lupus, what should I pay attention to the diet?
To be honest, there is no such a diet plan that suited for each people with lupus nephritis. At our center, experts in this field recommend suffers with the following advices:
1. Eat some fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains. However, if the lab test show there is high potassium level or high phosphorus level, they should avoid eating foods loaded in potassium or phosphorus.
2. Limit daily salt intake, especially from salted foods or processed products. For individualized advice, the Live Contact on the upper-right corner can be your good choice.
3. Follow a low-protein diet. In general, the intake of protein can be restricted within 0.6-0.8g/kg per day. At the same time, to meet the needs of our body, they can eat some lean meat, fish, milk, egg white and so on.
4. Drink plenty of water, if there is no water-sodium retention.
5. Stay away from stimulating foods, such as, shrimp, crab, hot pepper, etc.
After the above analysis, we really hope you can gain a lot. Any questions, you can leave us message:firstname.lastname@example.org. Best wishes!
tag: Lupus Nephritis Basics
Previous：Is Lupus Nephritis a Fatal Disorder