What Cause My Enlarged Kidney
“after a regular checkup, I found my kidney size are enlarged and I just want to know the reason.”. This article will have a introduce about the enlarged kidney and we hope patients can get some inspirations.
In the normal condition, the kidney size of adults are 10.5-11.5cm length, 5-7cm breadth and 2-3cm thickness, and the weight of the normal kidney is around 100-140g. The enlarged kidney refers to the length, breadth and thickness are beyond the normal range at the same time or respectively. And the reason why people suffer the enlargement of the kidney size usually includes:
1. Due to the kidney function decline or hypoplasia, the kidney will suffer compensatory hypertrophy.
2. People with kidney disease can suffer pyonephrosis or nephrapostasis which can lead to the enlarged kidney. This kinds of patients usually are accompanied with back pains and pressure pains.
3. People with hydronephrosis and renal cyst also have the symptom of enlarged kidney. And the suffice of kidney usually are smooth, soft and so on.
4. Kidney and adrenal gland tumour also can lead to the enlarged kidney and the kidney tumour usually are hard and asperous.
5. The appearances of renal vein thrombosis (RVT) is easy to lead to the enlargement of kidney size. Patients always feel back pains and flank pains.
6. Nephropyelitis is one cause of enlarged kidney.
7. Acute rejection after kidney transplant also can lead to the kidney enlargement.
No matter what kind of cause lead to the enlargement of kidney, patients should have further tests for the kidney function, whether the creatinine is higher than normal, whether there are some disorders in urine and whether there are kidney damage occur. Patients should pay more attention to their physical conditions and do the prevention job well in case the kidney function decline.
If you still want to know more information about the enlarged kidney or want to ask for the treatment suggestion to treat the kidney disease, you can contact our online doctors, leave us messages or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org, we will reply you as soon as possible.
tag: Live With Kidney Disease
Previous：How to Increase GFR 51 with Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy
next：What Is Creatinine and What Dose Creatinine 2.4 Mean