Diabetic Nephropathy has become the one of the leading causes of end stage renal disease and due to the complexity of the disease, even with the same kidney function indicators level, diabetic nephropathy patients usually suffer more than other kinds of kidney disease patients and take dialysis earlier. So diabetic nephropathy patients should pay more attention to prevent the development of their disease and the diet therapy is very important for them. Here will list some diet suggestions for diabetic nephropathy patients.
1. Low salt intake: too much salt intake can cause kidney metabolism burden, and if the remaining kidney function fail to excrete the extra salt out of body,which will stayed in body, leading to edema or high blood pressure.
2. Low quantity but high quality protein intake: low quantity is making sure to decrease the kidney metabolism burden, while high quality is necessary to meet the human body need and dose not cause kidney burden. The high quality protein foods refer to milk, fish, lean meats and so on, instead of plant proteins.
3. Enough calorie intake: too much calorie intake can lead to high blood fat or other metabolism disorders, while insufficient calorie will increase the metabolism of protein and fat, which will cause burden for kidney.
4. High vitamins and microelements: vitamins and microelements is good for improving immunity and play an important role in protecting the kidney functions.
5. Proper fluids intake: patients should take water according to their physiological needs. For the too much water intake can lead to kidney metabolism burden, and the less water intake also can cause damage to human body.
6. For diabetic nephropathy patients with renal insufficient, they also need pay more attention to the phosphorus, calcium, potassium and other ion intake. Unsuitable intake can worsen the electrolyte disturbance condition, causing life threaten.
All in all, the diet therapy is very important for diabetic nephropathy patients to delay the development of the disease, so patients should pay more attention to their diet. And if you want to know more information about diabetic nephropathy diet, you can contact our online doctors, leave us messages or send email to email@example.com, we will reply you within 24 hours.tag:
Leave a question or comment and we will try to attend to you shortly. Free medical answers from Professionals!