Diabetic nepropathy, the common complication of diabetes, has become the leading cause of end stage renal disease. Then what can diabetes patients do to prevent the occur of kidney disease? A scientific diet plan plays an important role in controlling the development of the disease. Here will list some diet rules which can help diabetes patients a lot.
1. Control the total calories for one day to decrease the metabolism burdens and maintain ideal body weight also is important for control the blood pressure, blood fat and blood sugar.
2. light diet is good for decreasing kidney burden and salt intake should also be restricted especially for diabetic patients who are accompanied with high blood pressure which also is the main cause of kidney damage. 6 gram or below for each day is proper.
3. Increase intake of carbohydrates reasonably, which would not cause heats burden for body , control fat intake and choose proper quantity of high quality protein, foods such as fish, lean meat, milk which can support the necessary nutrition to meet human need and would not cause metabolism burden for kidney.
4. Supplement dietary fiber, vitamins and microelement.
Eating more high fiber food like raw grain, vegetables not only helps control blood sugar and blood lipid, but also helps smooth bowel movement. Vitamin and microelements is necessary in regulating physical activities.
5. No drinking or smoking.
Drinking can cause low blood sugar in patients who are on sulfonylureas or insulin, so patients are advised to quit drinking. smoke can lead to cramp of blood vessels, duly cause myocardial infarction, stroke, diabetic foot, diabetic retinopathy, diabetic neuropath, etc.
6. Eat less each time and more meals in each day, eat on time and regularly and eat same quantity.
Good eating habits and reasonable meal arrangements are also important part in treating diabetes as well as its complications. This is helpful in controlling blood sugar stable, reducing risks of high blood sugar after meals and low blood sugar during night.
And now if you want to know more information about diabetes diet or other treatment suggestions, you can contact our online doctors, leave us messages or send email to email@example.com, we will reply you within 24 hours.tag: Diabetic Nepropathy
Leave a question or comment and we will try to attend to you shortly. Free medical answers from Professionals!