The Six “Low”Diet Rules for Diabetic Nephropathy Patients
Diabetic Nephropathy is the common and serious complication of diabetes and it has become the leading cause of ESRD in America. For diabetic nephropathy patients, they not only need do some sacrifices to protect the kidney function, they also need pay more attention to control their blood sugar level. Here will list the six “low” diet rules for Diabetic nephropathy patients.
1. Low sugar intake: diabetic nephropathy is caused by the high blood sugar, so patients should limit the sugar intake. In their daily life, patients also need limit the heats intake.
2. Low sodium intake: the high sodium foods can heaver the kidney metabolism burden and worsen the condition of water-sodium retention, leading to more serious kidney function decline and symptoms such as high blood pressure and edema. So patients should decrease the salt intake, the foods such as processed foods, pickle foods, barbecue foods also are not suitable for patients.
3. Low fat: high fat foods can increase the cholesterol level and increase the rate of being attacked by blood vessels lesions which also are related with the kidney function. So patients should limit the fat intake and choose the proper cooking oil.
4. Low protein intake: high protein intake not only can increase the kidney metabolism burden, but also heavier the protein urine condition. Both of them can cause further kidney damage. So patients should limit the protein intake, refusing foods such like bean, tofu, and other bean products. Proper high quality protein foods such as lean, milk, and fish would not cause damage to kidney and is necessary for normal activities of human body.
5. Low phosphorus intake: with the kidney function decline, the phosphorus in blood can not be excreted effectively. At this time, high phosphorus foods can increase the blood phosphorus, influencing the calcium content in all parts of human body, causing cramp and bone diseases.
6. Low potassium intake: the high potassium in body can cause heart problems, so the potassium must be limited.
So Diabetic Nephropathy patients must have a knowledge about the foods they want to eat and according to their specific physical condition decide the proper foods intake. And if you want to know more information about Diabetic Nephropathy diet, you can contact our online doctors, leave us messages or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org, we will reply you within 24 hours.
Previous: Can Diabetic Nephropathy Eat Bean Products in Daily Diet
Next: Can Diabetic Nephropathy Patients Eat Fruits in Daily Diet