Top Seven Diet Details For Chronic Kidney Disease
Chronic kidney disease(CKD) is a severe disease in clinic, the diet for patients is very strict. Today, we will provide top seven diet details for the disease.
1. Low-protein diet. Too much protein will increase the burden of failed kidneys, it is not beneficial to control the development of illness, or even affect the prognosis of CKD. Patients should take moderate high-quality protein, such as, lean meat, fish, egg white, milk and so on.
2. Low-salt diet. Patients should limit the intake of salt, since lots of salt can damage blood vessels, cause cardiovascular disease, such as, high blood pressure, coronary heart disease. Too much salt can also aggravate asthma , osteoporosis, and cold. Some high salt foods should be paid more attention to: for example, processed or can foods, pickles and so on.
3. Low-fat diet. CKD patients should take plant oil replace of animal oil, some high fat foods should be avoided, such as, animal inner organs, red meats, butter, sweets, dairy, white flower, white bread, etc.
4. Low-phosphorus diet. Because most CKD patients will present high phosphorus level due to the decline of renal function. So, they should get rid of some foods that are rich in this element, such as, laminaria japonica, soy foods, egg yolk.
5. Low-potassium diet. Massive potassium element is also harmful to patients’ body. Patients should get away from high potassium foods, such as, spinach, potato, mushroom, black fungus, banana, peach, and so on.
6. Supply iron element. During the disease, patients may experience anemia. They should take more nori, agaric, kelp, broccoli, and so on.
7. High-calcium diet. Patients should take calcium supplements to prevent renal bone disease, vitamin D can control the balance of calcium and phosphorus in your body. Some high calcium foods like, shrimp, milk, kelp, etc should be taken more.
After the above analysis, if you want to learn more about CKD diet, contact with us by sending to: email@example.com or leaving a message below. Good luck!
tag: CKD Diet
Previous：Why is Chocolate Bad for CKD Patients
next：Is Tetley Tea Good for CKD Patients